Ge en gåva

I don’t want to live – how can I get support?

If you’re struggling with recurring suicidal thoughts and it all feels hopeless and difficult, reach out to another person, or get help from the community. If you have acute suicidal thoughts and fear for your health and safety, always call 112.

You can also contact a psychiatric emergency department in a hospital. You can often also call them for counselling. Read more on Vårdguiden’s website about what applies in your area or call 1177.

If you’re 18 years old or older, you’re welcome to visit an adult psychiatry clinic. In many parts of the country, adult psychiatry clinics also offer emergency services, which are often open until 10 p.m. In some places, there are also youth clinics for people aged 18-24. If you’re under 18, you can go to one of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Service (BUP) outpatient clinics. You can find the nearest clinic for different ages on Vårdguiden’s website or via the telephone number 1177.

If you’re already in contact with a psychiatrist, you can of course go directly to your clinic during their opening hours.
At Mind we’re also more than happy to answer our support lines. Should it be difficult to get through, there are several other support organisations listed here: Emergency centres and hotlines if you need to talk.